- Post Date:October 7, 2019 23712
- Views 56
The Participation Agency (The PA) is a creative agency that builds 360 campaigns rooted in live experience and amplified with a robust digital strategy. We do full creative concepting through execution in house. Our full time team consists of 25 people, mostly in NY but a few in LA and SF. We do projects all over the US, and recently have had several projects in Asia.
Jessica Resler (Chief Creative Officer) and Ruthie Schulder (CEO) founded the company in 2011, and it has been profitable from day one and has achieved positive growth every year (77% 2018 over 2017, and major growth in 2019 as well, final numbers TBD). Top clients include Amazon, Airbnb and a Fortune 5 company under NDA.
Strong female leadership. We’ve won a bunch of awards and honors, for projects and also as female executives.
The PA is a performance driven culture. It is also a drama free culture. The team is proud of its work and team members are encouraged to be endlessly curious. We are collaborative and empathetic. Self motivation is a must. The sky is really the limit at The PA!
This is a great role for someone who recognizes this is a rocketship and wants to be a part of that vision and drive.
Business Development Role at The Participation Agency
The Participation Agency is an award winning, quickly growing experiential and creative agency based in NYC, and with projects globally.
We are looking for a strong candidate to drive sales and brand partnerships, taking the agency to its next level of growth. We increased revenue by 77% from 2017 to 2018, and we’re looking to continue that momentum while identifying more opportunities to fuel growth that aligns to a strategic vision. This role reports directly to the CEO.
The PA is a unique agency because we do client specific work, but we also create and launch experiential IP, built specifically to partner with brands. That means there are a lot of assets to sell, and we’re looking for someone who can flex in both of these areas – selling in projects to new clients, and selling in partnership deals of varying ranges to new and existing brand partners.
The sky is the limit here, and we are looking for someone who sees the exponential growth potential here. We’ve been listed in Inc Fastest Growing Companies every year since we launched, and we have no intention of slowing down.
We will arm you with all the assets and support to be successful in this role, but we expect you will do the following:
- ● Make new contacts at relevant brands and handle most of the meetings (we will train you in how speak about the agency, but then we will want you to run with it)
- ● Craft deals that you can get someone to say ‘yes’ to
- ● Bring us in if / when you need help closing the deal
- ● Be savvy about identifying opportunities – in addition to consumer brands we align with
cities, real estate developers and other types of companies that make great partners for
- ● Work hard to understand what makes our company special, and learn our craft / your
narrative on how to tell that story
- ● Find brands and clients that align with our value system
- ● Be a motivated hard worker / self starter – we don’t like to micromanage and are looking
for someone to really own this workflow
The right candidate for this job must have a strong track record in increasing revenue for a creative company, be a dedicated hard worker with a lot of intrinsic self motivation, and be able to demonstrate original thinking around a sales strategy, strong communication and savvy sales skills.
- ● Undergraduate degree required, having an MBA is a plus.
- ● 5-7 years of experience in charge of business operations or development
- ● A track record of increasing revenue and profitability
- ● Experience or deep understanding of experiential marketing
- ● Savvy deal making / entrepreneurial mindset
This position provides base plus commission and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, access to a 401k plan, and paid time off.